Helping over 500 people a year make the move with confidence
Our advice is tailored to you to deliver better choices & a clear path for the journey ahead.
How Can We Help?
The Affinity Group offers specialised advice to anyone contemplating making the move to a retirement village. Our advisers are experts in the field and can help you in the following ways:
- Assessing the financial consequences of different funding options for a retirement village, including the impact on your Age Pension.
- Determining how long your capital might last.
- Assessing when your Age Pension is likely to recommence or increase.
- Assessing whether the money left over from the sale of your home can be directed to tax effective superannuation or other retirement products.
- Setting up and managing an investment portfolio tailored to your needs using your surplus funds.
- Ensuring your cash-flow requirements can be met with regularity.
- Referring you to specialist legal advice to assist with the review of your retirement village contract.
Most financial advisers have only a limited understanding of aged care financial advice and retirement village financial advice. Further, many financial advisers are unable to cater for the specialist investment needs of residents of aged care facilities and retirement villages.
The Affinity Group are specialists in the field of senior’s lifestyle and living. We help more than 500 people a year make the move with confidence.
We have an unparalleled understanding of all areas of aged care and retirement villages, including Centrelink and Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) pension entitlements, tax implications, wealth transfer, longevity planning, retirement village and aged care facility fees, the advantages and disadvantages of selling the family home and investing surplus funds to meet cashflow needs.